All 51 art Reviews

Pro Tipps Pro Tipps

This made me lol so good I accidentally hit my girlfriend in her mouth with a baseball bat.

TheShadling responds:

Without teeth the blowjobs will be better.

Candelabra Candelabra

huashas

Some might say this much chessboard dithering is bad, but it's a matter of taste if you ask me. Some feel nostalgic and some think it's mediocore and easy to do. I have been there myself too, so saying anything foolish about it is just making an idiot out of myself. From my experience it's been a fun stage in learning pixel art. After having enough of chessboards, I recommend experimenting with different patterns of dithering and textures.

It seems like you grasp the basics of anti-aliasing, but there are places you have too little AA, some places have too much AA and some AAed spots have banding. Banding means two lines of pixels indentical next to each other. This usually appears in different colours in shading or in a simple shapes surrounded by stable layer of AA pixels. This banding effect appears on the "Belas" eyebrows and succubusse's corners of the mouth. See how soft they look compared to everything else?

8 stars for doing a pixel piece at this size, I believe it took you some time. Anatomy and clothing doesn't reveal much distracting flaws, although I'm not very fond of the animeish faces. Good job overally. Don't stop here, you can get alot better than this.

medli20 responds:

Thank you so much for the helpful review! I'm admittedly fairly new at AA and dithering, so I feel like I don't have a very good grasp on either of them. Reviews like these help me learn faster though, so I'm thrilled whenever I get such a comprehensive critique like this. :)

I'll try to practice my AA as to not have too much / too little of it, as well as exploring new dithering patterns. Thanks again for the critique! :D

Floating City Floating City

huashas

I like how you restricted the colours and all, but I think 2x size would be enough for this.

Bundy Bundy

huashas

This saints project will be magnificent once finished.

Descent Descent

pyk

Looking good although theres few spots where you should have used different dithering techniques, such as that guy/zombie's skin and whatever rocks and wall there is. That "light-line" on top of the box looks bit jagged, some anti-aliasing wouldn't hurt there and in some other rough spots. Take the challenge few steps ahead and restrict your palette in the future. Dunno if I'm wrong, but it seems like you used quite alot unnecessary colours here. Applauses for pixeling a piece in this huge resolution though, it costs patience and labour of love.

Blackness Blackness

Sieg Hello

Nothing gets you banned here. For the sake of maximum pleasure, I recommend you update this submission and put all the panels in one cartoon style.

Winter Pixel Poster Winter Pixel Poster

huaha

Lolled at the human centipede with santa hats. Damn nice pixel work, must have consumed a life time to do this.

Newgrounds Sprite guys! Newgrounds Sprite guys!

huaha

Thats looking great, but why blur the pixels?

AlmightyHans responds:

they're not blurred. maybe you should get glasses.

Can I take your Order? Can I take your Order?

panzerheils, shad!

I'm not gonna lie, that back bent frankfurter surprised me.

@macmac277: GIF animation files with certain resolution scale surpassed will stay static in mini screen. It however runs through clear with fullscreen.

TheShadling responds:

Haha "back bent Frankfurther" now thats funny.

Prison time Prison time

huaha

5 stars for no anime crap and another 5 stars for beyond amazing mspaint skills.